03 June 2008

Quittin'

If anyone out there has gotten the idea that it might be a good idea to hold 3 or 4 part time jobs at once, let me assure you- it's not. No matter how many bad jobs you have, they will not add up to one good job. All they will do is sap your energy and reduce your sense of self-worth.

So, I've quite the gas station, because that job was only 12 hours a week at 8/hr. I am quitting Subway, though first I'm going to collect my last paycheck and steal some cookies. That job was only 6 hours a week. I eagerly anticipate screaming at my boss "I hate you! You suck! And I'm taking these cookies!" Tomorrow, I think.

I've gone back to Safeway, sadly. This is the job I'll likely be stuck with for a few years, though I'm trying to have a positive attitude about it. The Safeway uniform is better than average, lots of hours are guaranteed, and they give you a raise (25 cents! big money!) every 520 hours worked. Okay. Not bad.

I continue to work Kabuki Kabs at the weekends- ferrying drunks around the downtown core is pretty fun. Life continues...

No comments: