10 December 2010

Hate

I think it's time to write again.

In the trough of a deep bout of depression, I figure it's worth getting some of the rage out so I can remember it fondly when life gets good again.

Ok, so shit jobs. Since last post, I went to Katimavik, got thrown out of Katimavik, and got a job at a BMW dealership. I washed cars on the weekends for 7 months, then washed cars full time for a month (by full time, I mean ~50 hours a week, hardcore) then moved to a Mercedes dealership owned by the same company, where I remain.

Mercedes is all right. There is one minor problem. His name is Frankie. Frankie hates me. I know not why Frankie hates me, but he surely does. I'm spraying water on the car he's detailing. I'm waving the wheel brush around too energetically. I parked too close to him. I rolled my eyes at his 19 year old idiocy. He hates me, and there's nothing to be done about it.

I learned my lesson at Safeway. This is a good job, I like it, and I'm never going to lose my temper again. But my god, does this man ever try my patience. He does NOTHING but complain. He's not spoken one word to me in three months that wasn't negative. He thinks I get his fucking cars wet on purpose. No, it couldn't be that the hose is high pressure, he's 5 feet away from me and water hitting a hard surface tends to splash. I'm doing it on purpose, so now he's splashing me on purpose, like a passive aggressive little bitch.

Now, I want to be friends with this kid. He's good at his job, he seems to get along with everyone else and he'd probably be a good contact in the industry. We could help each other with our work and defend one another against the madness of Management. We could talk. It would be nice.

But every friendly question is met with grunted monosyllables, and every friendly overture is treated like an offense. I've given up, and all I can do is ignore it, but his personality is eroding my sanity. I will hold on. I will not go crazy. I only have to hold out till January and his job moves to another building. I'll be okay.

But I won't be happy...

No comments: